Grad Night Facility
See this document for Sample Layouts
Many Grad Nights are held at a school campus. The following information however, applies to both on and off-campus parties. Your facility should:
- Be in a safe location with the ability to be secured against uninvited guests.
- Have lighted parking areas for both students and volunteers.
- Have sufficient space for simultaneous activities such as dancing, casino, and a food court.
- Have an adequate number of clean restrooms.
- Have an adequate electrical supply for activities, vendor games, and temporary lighting.
- Have telephones to be used for emergencies (cellular phones are great).
- Have cooking, food-warming, refrigeration facilities.
- Allow decorations and temporary signs.
The following is a list of possible facilities that could accommodate a Grad Night event. Be aware that some of these may not allow you to bring in your own food and beverages.
- Community or Recreation Center
- National Guard Armory
- Shopping Mall
- Empty building/store in a strip mall
- Church or Synagogue
- Theater or Theater complex
- YMCA/ YWCA
- College Student Union building
- Masonic, Odd fellow Hall, Grange Hall
- Elk, Moose, American Legion, VFW Hall
- Sports Stadium, Arenas
- Convention Center
- Country Club, Racquet Club, Health Club
- Fair Grounds
- Amusement Park, Family Fun Center, Water Park
- Bowling Alley
- Private Park